The Airtable API Wizard automatically creates GET requests from an Airtable base to display data in your app.
💡 Copy this example Airtable and try it out!
Using this base, a fictional travel agency organizes surf camps to coveted destinations around the world. They use public based embed on their website to educate customers on the destinations, the difficulty levels, surf beach type, peak season and past patrons. Grouped views allow the agency to look at their destinations based on difficulty level or beach type.
How the API Wizard works
- In Data Library, click
+ New Collectionand select
- Follow the onscreen instructions to find the share link of your Airtable base. Click
- Follow the onscreen instructions to find your Airtable API key. Click
- Wait for the Wizard to do its magic. Click
Continueonce all the steps are green.
- The Wizard creates two requests per table: one for the list page and one for the detail page. Therefore, there are 2 tables in my Airtable, but 4 requests have been created. All the data records from the requests are also selected.
The Advanced view takes you to the "Custom API" view, where you can configure the requests further (like adding parameters).
6. You are done! Go back to your Projects and start binding data to your apps 🚀
👉 Up next: bind data to design for a list page