Install Debug APK on your phone
- From your Android device, download the APK you received in your email, which will look like this:
- You might see a warning message, don't worry, it's just a default message for apps downloaded outside of Google Play. Press
Okto proceed with the download.
- Once the download finishes, click on
- *If you didn't allow installation of unknown apps, you will see the following alert. Proceed to Step 7 otherwise.
- Click on SETTINGS and enable Allow app installs checkbox
- Go back and you should see the install popup now. In case you don't see the below screenshot, locate
app-debug.apkyou downloaded in the previous step and open it. By default, this file will be downloaded into a "Downloads" folder. Use your file explorer preferred app to locate it. If you are not able to find it, you can just download it from Bravo email again
- Click on
INSTALLand wait until the installation completes.
- You might see an alert titled Blocked by Play Protect. Don't worry, this is just an informative message that appears when trying to install apps outside of Google Play. Click
- You might see a popup titled Send app for scanning? - Click SEND or DON'T SEND to close this window, it's irrelevant
- Your app has been installed. Click
For Android versions below 8.0, you have to enable Unknown Sources inside phone settings.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Scroll down to the Device Administration section, and enable Unknown Sources.
Install Debug APK on Emulator
This guide assumes you have an Android Studio installed. Otherwise, please do it before starting: https://developer.android.com/studio
- Open AVD Monitor, from any of these places, whether or not you have an Android project opened.
- Click on
+ Create Virtual Device
- Choose a device definition that includes Play Store. For example, Pixel 3a. Click
- Select a system image of your choice. Make sure is version 7 and up. For example, let's go with Android Pie. Click
- In the final screen you can change the name of your created emulator, if you wish. Click
- Click the green triangle on the right side of your created emulator to launch it
- Your emulator is ready to use.
- The easiest way to install your debug APK is to set up the same email account where you received it, and then download it. Once downloaded, open the file and skip to step 16.
- Another option is by sending the APK file to your emulator. First, download
app-debug.apkfile from your email to your computer.
- In Android Studio, open Device File Explorer (check screenshot, it's located on the bottom right side, placed vertically)
- Go to the folder where you want to place the file, for example, sdcard/Download folder. Right-click on it and select
- Select the app-debug.apk from your computer, the one downloaded on step 9, and click
- APK file should be copied into your emulator
- In your emulator, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and open Files app
app-debug.apkinside Downloads folder and double click on it.
- You might see a warning related to installing unknown apps. Click
INSTALL ANYWAYif a Blocked by Play Protect popup appears
- Your app has been installed in the emulator. Click
Install Publishable APK
You need Android SDK to be able to run adb install. Find the steps here.
That's it! 🎉